Community ID a Community Service Company (CSC) providing a range of services. They provide translation services for communicating with deaf and hard of hearing people, photography services, and run other projects with a focus on providing services for deaf people. They also run a bed and breakfast in Scotland.
Community ID approached me to design a new website for them that would comprehensively provide information on all the services they ran. They needed to be able to update the new website, particularly with news, including videos, and have photography portfolios. They provided their own designs and I created the new Website for them using the Drupal content management system. Using Drupal allowed them to update all parts of the website and include all the media they needed. This was a large project. The main features of the website included:
- Drupal content management system
- Media rich content including frequent use of videos
- Multiple photographic galleries
- Built-in accessibility features
- Functionality for creating news items, events and advertisements